Precise Delivery of Antimicrobial Agents onto Products or into Packages Provides Cost-Effective Pathogen Control
AutoJet® Antimicrobial Spray Systems help processors of ready-to-eat and fresh meats ensure product safety, increase productivity and reduce chemical use by eliminating slower, more expensive post-pasteurisation techniques.
The automated spray system applies a predetermined volume of antimicrobial agent into packages or onto meat before sealing. Vacuum-sealing of the packages distributes the antimicrobial evenly around the product. Using this technology, processors have achieved Alt-2 from $0.01/lb for RTE products to as low as $0.015/lb for fresh meats.
- SLIC® (Sprayed Lethality in Container) process efficacy has been established by the USDA/ARS
- AutoJet® antimicrobial spray systems have a proven track record in controlling pathogens including E. coli, Salmonella and Listeria monocytogenes
- Monitored control ensures precise and consistent application of antimicrobial with minimal waste
- Reductions of 1.5 to 4 logs in RTE meats and 1.5 to 2 logs for fresh meats are typical
- Flexible operation – various shot sizes and timing intervals can be pre-programmed for automatic batch changes
- Simplified validation process with optional SprayCheck® sensor that confirms and documents each spray cycle
- Easy integration into plant HACCP, GMPs and SSOPs