Accurate, Consistent Application of a Wide Range of Coatings with Minimal Waste Even When Operating Conditions Change
PRECISION SPRAY CONTROL (PSC): OVERVIEW
PSC consists of PulsaJet® automatic spray nozzles and an AutoJet® spray controller. Many systems also include a spray manifold. With PSC, the AutoJet spray controller turns electrically-actuated PulsaJet nozzles on and off very quickly to control flow rate. The cycling is so fast that the flow often appears to be constant. Flow rate is adjusted automatically based on changes in operating conditions such a variations in line speed. Flow rate adjustments occur almost instantaneously to ensure the proper application rate.
- Reduces product scrap caused by over- or under-application of coatings
- Reduces the use of costly coatings by applying the proper coating volume directly on the target
- Increases production – fast cycling (up to 15,000 cycles per minute) of nozzles keeps pace with high line speeds
- Minimizes the need to change spray set-ups between batches – a single nozzle produces a wide range of flow rates
- Electrically-actuated hydraulic PulsaJet nozzles can achieve very low flow rates – comparable to the flow rates of air atomizing nozzles. The use of costly compressed air can often be eliminated along with the misting and overspray produced by air atomizing nozzles
Read on to find out how we were able to help Cheetham Salt
with their operations.