Dust blowing off loaded rail cars in transit from the mine to the port causes three major problems that are extremely dangerous, costly and require expert attention.
Airborne Ore or Coal dust:
• Is a danger to health and is a major cause of lung disease.
• Destabilises rail ballasts, damaging rail line infrastructure that can lead to a derailment.
• Can cause a costly loss of up to 2% of an ore or coal load between the mine and the port.
Spraying Systems Co. AutoJet® Technologies division can provide an effective and efficient turnkey solution with the following benefits:
• Economical application of dust suppressing water or surfactants
• Achieves a reduction in loss of ore or coal in transit,
• Assists in maintaining health and protecting the environment,
• Assists in protecting the integrity of the rail infrastructure.
For a free dust management audit, contact your local expert.